Thursday, April 19, 2007

A Friend In Need...

I just got word tonight that a good friend of mine had a heart attack earlier today. While I wasn't entirely surprised, it was in a way still a shock. He's had a lot of medical problems including high blood pressure and degenerative disc disease and some other problems, but he's only 30 years old and so it's still surprising on that level.

In case you don't know him, he's the author of Dysfunctional Playground. I first met him when we both worked for an Internet company down in Florida. When the company closed he moved back to his home state of GA and I returned to TN. We've kept in touch over the years through Dark Age of Camelot, an MMORPG that we both play.

Hopefully now that he's been admitted to the hospital they'll at last give him the treatment he's not been getting due to no insurance. In any case, pray for my friend that he'll get well. I know I will.

No comments: