Friday, March 14, 2008

Spring Break

It's that time of year again at the University. Midterm exam cram sessions, students packing up for the beach, staff and faculty looking forward to a week of peace and quiet. Meanwhile those of us who are both staff and student simply look forward to a little rest before it all starts up again.
On a personal note, I'm planning my vacation in May and beginning to put together an aquarium for my apartment. I'm also planning a weekend trip up to Dollywood a couple days before Easter. Dollywood is only about 80 miles away from here, so it's a nice, inexpensive (with a season pass anyhow) mini-vacation that I'm really looking forward to.
As to the diabetes, I've lost around 20 lbs so far so I'm doing pretty good. Hopefully this time next year I'll be down to my weight in the military or at least close.

No comments: